The Wedge is finally completed – had a chance to take photos this weekend.
Fair bit more done, started on the front arb (anti-rollbar) and have finished fitting the support brackets, also finished fitting the steering rack had to do a chassis mod to get the pinion of the rack exactly where it is needed to avoid any bump steer etc.all getting very snug up front, i have sourced the material for the arb levers and cut to lenght they are now away being taper turned as my old capstan cant taper turn so should have them back next week.
Well back on track finished the mounting brackets for the rollbar also now fabricated the mountings on the chassis for them and started machining the ends of the bar itself which will be sweated into the tube to create solid ends for the link arms to fit into i have built up both rear suspensions to get the length of the drive shafts needed plus have made and fitted the diff carriers to the chassis so the rear end is nearly complete.
Had a couple of issues to sort after fitting the dash indicators wouldn’t work tuned out to be the switch itself but after stripping it down and cleaning and re-greasing it all well now plus dash lights wouldn’t come on but managed to sort that as well after taking the dash out again but first harness fitted with its seat steering wheel on all good the Chimaera seats are a good fit well pleased with the result,
All sorts of smaller stuff done got the new bolts fitted for the door hinges finished the wiring for the power steering except the adjusting pot which goes in the nacel around the stalks roughly fitted the door catches after cleaning them up modified the trim pieces where the roll bar goes down behind the seats and the trimmers have completely trimmed the cabin and the boot so not to far away now.
Got a fair amount done in the last couple of days filled in the drivers side hole in the rear bulkhead made good round the roll bar fixings to the chassis behind the seats, finished the wiring to the new electric power steering refitted the gearstick and its rubber gaiter refitted the heater controls and I have run a bigger negative for the general electrical equipment particularly for the windows, fitted the number plates and the TVR logo to the front and the secondary 350i lettering plus cut back and polished the front half of the car,also fitted the harness mounts to both sides.
And so it continues started with top coating the sills then top coated the bonnet catch which has now been fitted and adjusted. I have started on the wiring for the power steering the supply is in and neutral return with a nice marine type inline fuse easily accessible just above the battery. I have rebuilt the mirrors all the fixings where appropriate are stainless and have rebuilt the doors all the locks and window winders have been overhauled window stops adjusted etc.switch panel is now built up ready for fitment I may have an issue with the fan switch fan works fine with external power but only on full fan when attached to the switch,also cleaned up and painted the door hinge brackets ready for hanging the doors once the trimmers have finished.tomorrows job cleaning and recolouring the door cards and sundry internal panels.
Quite a bit more wedge-ineering last couple of days fitted the front bumper panel and got the boot on with its struts had to reconstruct the hinges as the hinge pins had been replaced with 4mm bolts which allowed the wing to rub on the body as they where so badly fitted,all the lights now in except headlights just in case I need access to the connectors had to make new brackets for the driving lights including a complete new system for the passenger side as the bolts imbedded in the glass fibre where sheared I think it is slightly better than the original, I have built up the dash board with its refurbished clocks etc and will be building up the switch panel today, plus I have stone chip protected the sills just need the black on there this morning.