Completing the Wedge – Part 1

Got a fair amount done in the last couple of days filled in the drivers side hole in the rear bulkhead made good round the roll bar fixings to the chassis behind the seats, finished the wiring to the new electric power steering refitted the gearstick and its rubber gaiter refitted the heater controls and I have run a bigger negative for the general electrical equipment particularly for the windows, fitted the number plates and the TVR logo to the front and the secondary 350i lettering plus cut back and polished the front half of the car,also fitted the harness mounts to both sides.

27888136251_c5f25a1e98_k 27931134476_acb4e1f54f_k
27863718892_d61d2348ab_k 27931117436_bbcf5730ab_k
27351763493_d587258b7c_k 27351748863_11b7681828_k

Wedge Doors + Interior rebuild

And so it continues started with top coating the sills then top coated the bonnet catch which has now been fitted and adjusted. I have started on the wiring for the power steering the supply is in and neutral return with a nice marine type inline fuse easily accessible just above the battery. I have rebuilt the mirrors all the fixings where appropriate are stainless and have rebuilt the doors all the locks and window winders have been overhauled window stops adjusted etc.switch panel is now built up ready for fitment I may have an issue with the fan switch fan works fine with external power but only on full fan when attached to the switch,also cleaned up and painted the door hinge brackets ready for hanging the doors once the trimmers have finished.tomorrows job cleaning and recolouring the door cards and sundry internal panels.

27189696584_7278931728_k 27189675434_305c8bb561_k
27700665112_44be9066c6_k 27190208253_0d687cb9b0_k
27190201123_80f5fedeab_k 27523109690_bafec238ed_k
27766812226_00dee250e8_k 27766713136_06da4fe661_k

TVR Wedge Body + Interior

Quite a bit more wedge-ineering last couple of days fitted the front bumper panel and got the boot on with its struts had to reconstruct the hinges as the hinge pins had been replaced with 4mm bolts which allowed the wing to rub on the body as they where so badly fitted,all the lights now in except headlights just in case I need access to the connectors had to make new brackets for the driving lights including a complete new system for the passenger side as the bolts imbedded in the glass fibre where sheared I think it is slightly better than the original, I have built up the dash board with its refurbished clocks etc and will be building up the switch panel today, plus I have stone chip protected the sills just need the black on there this morning.

27444367770_dded986983_k 27647922331_7ed69d6cc4_k
27688492766_9dc19a836d_k 27722410345_564d6215c8_k
27688443596_522ea3abf2_k 27688532636_d3dd25de6c_k
27722475035_7d978def21_k 27722499985_f7523e55d8_k
27621961912_4ec704b8f0_k 27444532200_a09343fabb_k

TVR Wedge Bodywork

More stuff done, made a new base for the gear and handbrake gaiters, the original was rotten due to not having been painted from new, I have stapled the now white gaiters to the new board but forgot a pic, also finished the repair on the bumper that is now in primer ready for colour tomorrow plus the second headlight mechanism has been overhauled and all fitted back in the car,also started cleaning up and fitting new hinge pins to the boot hinges.

27637229976_4832f8e6ed_k 27597930601_07557fa6a0_k
27394003880_6a83775638_k 27672504875_4fe8c84c15_k
27393976530_5dc2871223_k 27393950110_6911057917_k

TVR Wedge Rear Suspension Upgrades

Been busy again today got all the rose joints sorted and there spacers made for the last bit of the rear suspension mods to allow full adjustability plus set a 1.0degree of camber as a start point, all looks good so far proof is in the driving reports to follow in around a month, fitted the new steering wheel I had in stock to the electric powered steering column plus the new proper bearing in the front footwell bulkhead and adjusted the centring so the winkers return after the appropriate movement of the wheel,started filling the holes in the rear bulkhead where the speakers had been why would you want a radio in a car such as this, plus started refitting the bonnet, fitted the two exhaust tail pipes after polishing.

27565727125_fe3432efad_k 27565693715_1c5931bc76_k
27531472216_2464885cc2_k 26957022263_14892a5e0e_k
27466771452_faca083d95_k 27531466526_50f753ad4d_k

Finished TVR Wedge Roll Bar

After fitting the rollbar I have decided to get all the internal panels like the dash and centre console coloured the right colours namely black and white, so i already had the furniture clinic materials in stock so and have set to work cleaning and scrubbing off the old dark blue colour its not actually to bad the leather prep is very active and soon softens the old finish and colour then sponge and spray the new colour and finish, I have chosen satin,so far so good the white obviously takes a lot longer to cover but i am very pleased with the result, I have also turned some centres with a groove to allow a little more movement on my adjustment to the rear suspension will be assembling that tomorrow so pics to follow.

26936229204_ea78c2f048_k 27446982632_7b0852fffa_k
26937125933_580f9af74e_k 26936259954_bc059212e7_k