Finished the turret today all fully welded next job exhausts
Well back on to the Cerbera in earnest again want to move it on and the wedge over the next weeks big time so got the cage finished plus lots of chassis mods mainly to accept the new suspension mounts and stiffen it up all round ordered the new 81/4 in diff from Redman with Hydratrac LS unit and have built a building table for the chassis to keep it flat and level for marking out fixing points etc.
Back into the Cerbera after far to long been to martins today to finalise the cage rear struts remove the rear wishbone mountings some cross bracing to allow the diff to sit higher in the chassis plus one or two other chassis mods to facilitate the cage fitting sorted a fag packet design for the front triangulation and sorted many other parts uprights, drive shafts which are hollow units off the Mosler, brakes, wheels, rack, steering column, airbox etc. so lots to get on with some pics to give you a flavour of the build.
Another milestone today got the offside rear suspension all built up, I fabricated the top rails for the coil over shocks which once I have the adjustable shocks will give me infinite ride and height adjustment plus the ability to experiment with the spring rates quite like the idea of a much more upright shock with lower spring rate which give a much better shock travel to wheel travel ratio more the way later cars are going. Still early days yet a bit more welding to finally fit the shock rails then paint and start all over again on the nearside.
There are also a couple of pics of the lower wishbone I have fabricated for the front suspension gives easy and fairly extensive camber adjustment needs the shock mount making and welding in place plus the bracket for the tie rod but pleased so far. Ignore the crow st welding migs gone tits up going to stick weld them tomorrow after some serious grinding but at least they are in place.
Starting on a new customer project – Taking a Cerbera and like the Chimaera 4.0 – we will have a body of restoration every last nut bolt washer, chassis overhauled strengthened particularly around the diff and rear end. The body is getting arches for wider bigger wheels new interior with full cage chassis modded to take the loadings of the cage, engine will be a gm variant possibly LS3 with twin blowers using a Motec ECU which has very advanced knock sensors to allow the standard compression ratio to be used ,but also looking at building up an LQ9 block forged internals cathedral heads again twin blowers with an emerald ecu, six speed box stronger diff with lower ratio, air dam up front and a devise to impart downforce to the rear the proper name escapes at the moment.
I have sorted the last of the dash wiring all now works on the new switches and leds very pleased with the result,but the main work has been on the headlight bezels as to get a good looking fit I have reconstructed the area of the bezel that sits on the lamp face. I did not want any gaps or odd looking returns so I started with a copper tube fashioned to the exact shape and contour of the lens and glassed that to cut away bezel the result looks great and once filled and painted should do the trick.
Got the nearside headlight fitted plus trimmed the surround for the offside one, picked up the wheels and tyres and rebuilt the heater so not to bad,in the pictures you can see the live screen on the laptop with the pertenant information only tickover at that time ,played with the map for some time to get the stepper motor and the fuelling right dosent seem to bad, plus the oil pressure and tacho working, for the eagle eyed out there the lambda is in warm up mode and at that coolant temperature it should be open but I had just stopped the engine lowered the iacv value and restarted so it goes through a lambda warm up for a few seconds first, can’t wait to get the wheels on rubber looks really good.