Completing the Wedge – Part 1

Got a fair amount done in the last couple of days filled in the drivers side hole in the rear bulkhead made good round the roll bar fixings to the chassis behind the seats, finished the wiring to the new electric power steering refitted the gearstick and its rubber gaiter refitted the heater controls and I have run a bigger negative for the general electrical equipment particularly for the windows, fitted the number plates and the TVR logo to the front and the secondary 350i lettering plus cut back and polished the front half of the car,also fitted the harness mounts to both sides.

27888136251_c5f25a1e98_k 27931134476_acb4e1f54f_k
27863718892_d61d2348ab_k 27931117436_bbcf5730ab_k
27351763493_d587258b7c_k 27351748863_11b7681828_k

Wedge Doors + Interior rebuild

And so it continues started with top coating the sills then top coated the bonnet catch which has now been fitted and adjusted. I have started on the wiring for the power steering the supply is in and neutral return with a nice marine type inline fuse easily accessible just above the battery. I have rebuilt the mirrors all the fixings where appropriate are stainless and have rebuilt the doors all the locks and window winders have been overhauled window stops adjusted etc.switch panel is now built up ready for fitment I may have an issue with the fan switch fan works fine with external power but only on full fan when attached to the switch,also cleaned up and painted the door hinge brackets ready for hanging the doors once the trimmers have finished.tomorrows job cleaning and recolouring the door cards and sundry internal panels.

27189696584_7278931728_k 27189675434_305c8bb561_k
27700665112_44be9066c6_k 27190208253_0d687cb9b0_k
27190201123_80f5fedeab_k 27523109690_bafec238ed_k
27766812226_00dee250e8_k 27766713136_06da4fe661_k

TVR Wedge Body + Interior

Quite a bit more wedge-ineering last couple of days fitted the front bumper panel and got the boot on with its struts had to reconstruct the hinges as the hinge pins had been replaced with 4mm bolts which allowed the wing to rub on the body as they where so badly fitted,all the lights now in except headlights just in case I need access to the connectors had to make new brackets for the driving lights including a complete new system for the passenger side as the bolts imbedded in the glass fibre where sheared I think it is slightly better than the original, I have built up the dash board with its refurbished clocks etc and will be building up the switch panel today, plus I have stone chip protected the sills just need the black on there this morning.

27444367770_dded986983_k 27647922331_7ed69d6cc4_k
27688492766_9dc19a836d_k 27722410345_564d6215c8_k
27688443596_522ea3abf2_k 27688532636_d3dd25de6c_k
27722475035_7d978def21_k 27722499985_f7523e55d8_k
27621961912_4ec704b8f0_k 27444532200_a09343fabb_k

TVR Wedge Bodywork

More stuff done, made a new base for the gear and handbrake gaiters, the original was rotten due to not having been painted from new, I have stapled the now white gaiters to the new board but forgot a pic, also finished the repair on the bumper that is now in primer ready for colour tomorrow plus the second headlight mechanism has been overhauled and all fitted back in the car,also started cleaning up and fitting new hinge pins to the boot hinges.

27637229976_4832f8e6ed_k 27597930601_07557fa6a0_k
27394003880_6a83775638_k 27672504875_4fe8c84c15_k
27393976530_5dc2871223_k 27393950110_6911057917_k

Wedge Engine Bay

Big push yesterday and today repaired all the stress cracks caused by the front body mountings parting company, got the front half of the chassis and the engine bay all ready for paint off to the rollcentre tomorrow for the cerby roll cage but will be getting some etch primer on in the afternoon hopefully.

14741916699_41e6a0918f_k 14741915579_6fcac57662_k
14928590705_9e91b30bbf_k 14915907971_3bdff9844c_k
14918988995_b65a0a0530_k 14915906021_b2461c23f5_k

Chimaera Front Splitter

I made and fitted a splitter today it’s a variation on the gutter theme. I actually used some 4in drain pipe slightly stiffer I was concerned guttering would deform with the wind pressure the blade is held by a shaped piece of galvanised plate 1.5mm which is in turn held by five 6mm set screws up into rivnuts the blade itself is slotted so should it foul on whatever it can slide from under the plate hopefully causing no body damage. The advantage of this design is that if it gets caught it only pulls out from the plate rather than damaging the car bodywork.

Chimaera Front Splitter Chimaera Front Splitter
splitter_big

Windscreen Fitting

Got the new screen fitted today we where going to fit the old one but some slight delamination and the odd scratch convinced me to fit a new one. So all nicely in place seals all new so looks well. Got the boot on and lined up, number plate refitted till the MOT then get a better number hopefully. Fitted the two grilles for the front winkers units and did a bit more cleaning whilst the windscreen boys worked there magic. Fitted the new chimaera rear badge and got one fresh air vent fitted to the passengers side.

DSC02658_zps4ed17762 DSC02657_zps3eeb21d7
DSC02659_zps49d66448