Cerbera Rollbar Manufacturing – Part 3

Fair bit more done, started on the front arb (anti-rollbar) and have finished fitting the support brackets, also finished fitting the steering rack had to do a chassis mod to get the pinion of the rack exactly where it is needed to avoid any bump steer etc.all getting very snug up front, i have sourced the material for the arb levers and cut to lenght they are now away being taper turned as my old capstan cant taper turn so should have them back next week.

30486221540_9a7c119533_k 30670307032_18ae323b70_k
30486193710_7135ba3851_k 30426575166_4d8e5cf9fd_k

Rollbar manufacturing

Well back on track finished the mounting brackets for the rollbar also now fabricated the mountings on the chassis for them and started machining the ends of the bar itself which will be sweated into the tube to create solid ends for the link arms to fit into i have built up both rear suspensions to get the length of the drive shafts needed plus have made and fitted the diff carriers to the chassis so the rear end is nearly complete.

28731503484_098315d6b5_k 29321279816_b75618dd08_k
29067355980_4f2dec6a4c_k 29354471985_56213797e5_k
29354456325_135787851d_k 28733581533_1aa46b5e70_k
29067289220_fc0c9cc5ed_k 29275939481_3344e63347_k
26359036204_c7ac52745b_k 26359030794_8366d67469_k

Completing the Wedge – Part 1

Got a fair amount done in the last couple of days filled in the drivers side hole in the rear bulkhead made good round the roll bar fixings to the chassis behind the seats, finished the wiring to the new electric power steering refitted the gearstick and its rubber gaiter refitted the heater controls and I have run a bigger negative for the general electrical equipment particularly for the windows, fitted the number plates and the TVR logo to the front and the secondary 350i lettering plus cut back and polished the front half of the car,also fitted the harness mounts to both sides.

27888136251_c5f25a1e98_k 27931134476_acb4e1f54f_k
27863718892_d61d2348ab_k 27931117436_bbcf5730ab_k
27351763493_d587258b7c_k 27351748863_11b7681828_k

TVR Wedge Rear Suspension Upgrades

Been busy again today got all the rose joints sorted and there spacers made for the last bit of the rear suspension mods to allow full adjustability plus set a 1.0degree of camber as a start point, all looks good so far proof is in the driving reports to follow in around a month, fitted the new steering wheel I had in stock to the electric powered steering column plus the new proper bearing in the front footwell bulkhead and adjusted the centring so the winkers return after the appropriate movement of the wheel,started filling the holes in the rear bulkhead where the speakers had been why would you want a radio in a car such as this, plus started refitting the bonnet, fitted the two exhaust tail pipes after polishing.

27565727125_fe3432efad_k 27565693715_1c5931bc76_k
27531472216_2464885cc2_k 26957022263_14892a5e0e_k
27466771452_faca083d95_k 27531466526_50f753ad4d_k

Finished TVR Wedge Roll Bar

After fitting the rollbar I have decided to get all the internal panels like the dash and centre console coloured the right colours namely black and white, so i already had the furniture clinic materials in stock so and have set to work cleaning and scrubbing off the old dark blue colour its not actually to bad the leather prep is very active and soon softens the old finish and colour then sponge and spray the new colour and finish, I have chosen satin,so far so good the white obviously takes a lot longer to cover but i am very pleased with the result, I have also turned some centres with a groove to allow a little more movement on my adjustment to the rear suspension will be assembling that tomorrow so pics to follow.

26936229204_ea78c2f048_k 27446982632_7b0852fffa_k
26937125933_580f9af74e_k 26936259954_bc059212e7_k

Wedge Update

Got a bit done to the wedge roll bar is now complete with harness attachment points off to powder coat next week also completed the setup on the rear suspension got the new shocks on and set the camber and toe in also sorted the seats I am using chimaera seats seem to go in well next is to sort the dash centre console etc.