Had a couple of issues to sort after fitting the dash indicators wouldn’t work tuned out to be the switch itself but after stripping it down and cleaning and re-greasing it all well now plus dash lights wouldn’t come on but managed to sort that as well after taking the dash out again but first harness fitted with its seat steering wheel on all good the Chimaera seats are a good fit well pleased with the result,
Got a fair amount done in the last couple of days filled in the drivers side hole in the rear bulkhead made good round the roll bar fixings to the chassis behind the seats, finished the wiring to the new electric power steering refitted the gearstick and its rubber gaiter refitted the heater controls and I have run a bigger negative for the general electrical equipment particularly for the windows, fitted the number plates and the TVR logo to the front and the secondary 350i lettering plus cut back and polished the front half of the car,also fitted the harness mounts to both sides.
The green Chimaera is proving a bit of a problem wiring wise it has had a cobra alarm piggy backed onto the original TVR alarm complete mess so have taken everything out got the main harness sorted out so everything works except the central locking and will install a decent CAT 1 alarm at a later date,ran the engine up to full temp bled the cooling system and all seems well no leaks etc. The hood has been repaired picked it up this afternoon looks very good, then spent a bit of time on my wedge got the other rear suspension of and got the diff removed to reveal a broken upper mount so some tig work to be done there also got the drive shafts stripped ready for powder coat then rebuild with new UJ’s and wheel bearings.
Lots going on today got some help wiring up the mirrors. The radio is now sorted and working had to find a WiFi signal to download two apps to get the thing to make a sound. I got the inner wing doors fitted moved the airpressure sensor as it just clashed with the fuel regulator, got some more work done on the dash wiring instruments going in tomorrow bonnet pins fitted bonnet recut and polished.
For those interested the Radio is a Oxygen Audio O Car
I have been busy again today, trimmers have nearly finished around the windscreen aperture once thats done I can get the rest of the dash fitted. I built up the tunnel side with upholstery foam to hide the Emerald conduits carpets will now cover nicely over the top, got the mini relays today and got them soldered up ready to fit to the sidelight and rear fog circuits also got the offside rearlight fitted nearside tomorrow.
I have sorted the last of the dash wiring all now works on the new switches and leds very pleased with the result,but the main work has been on the headlight bezels as to get a good looking fit I have reconstructed the area of the bezel that sits on the lamp face. I did not want any gaps or odd looking returns so I started with a copper tube fashioned to the exact shape and contour of the lens and glassed that to cut away bezel the result looks great and once filled and painted should do the trick.
Got lots of the Emerald wiring done all the injectors which have been threaded through the valley then up through the holes I machined all those weeks ago to keep it as neat as I can,all the coil packs again up through the holes from the valley, the trigger wheel sensor all in there respective conduits plus I have soldered all the joints as the crimps seem fine but you never know. Also fitted all the blower pipes to and from the intercooler,alternator bracket, the catchment tank bracket and tank, I have fitted the heat shields I made to extend the protection along the inner wings, looking quite busy under there now.
Started the wiring today stripped out the old ecu loom, split out the dash looms, run the starter alternator, senders loom down the off side of the engine all went reasonably well, took out the old immobaliser and alarm all new unit going in not sourced yet sorted, the wiring for the lights fans repeaters etc. wired up the fuel pump and door switches so its coming together also had a go at the headlight conversion worked out a system and got cutting out the old fitting.
Got lots of the wiring sorted ready for the Emerald made a conduit gland bracket for the braided conduit I am going to run all the engine management wiring through just to eliminate any spikes or pick up from the engine in general, plus started on the headlights got one fitted more or less right finish tomorrow pictures show the access hole and the amount of cutback to the body to allow a snug fit, got help tomorrow also so may have a go at the roll bar brackets see how we get on and I picked up the new makers plates i had made with more up to date info on the lubricants.
Today got the stays made and fitted for the intercooler pipes which incidently are 16swg stainless instead of the more usual ally units, reason is i think they are less likely to pick up heat from the engine bay thus keeping the air slightly cooler, i know there is a slight weight penalty but it is very marginal ,also made and fitted the catchment pot bracket plus got the wiring from the fuse box clipped along the tunnel ,we also made the board for the emerald which fits so as the ECU is sandwiched between the bottom of the passenger footwell and the support board just to protect it from feet etc.we also rigged up an old boat cabin heater to warm the workshop on painting days works suprisingly well.