Probably the penultimate post all the interior is now complete second door fitted and all working trimmers should be back early next week to finish the roof so wheels on sort the tracking and get her mot`d hopefully weather improves.
As if I haven’t got enough TVR’s in bits I am doing a 500 griff chassis change, thought you lads might be interested, story so far is car came to me for outriggers but on removing the body it soon became apparent that a chassis was required, i have sourced one from r t racing it is now off being shot blasted prior to my chassis treatment it is going to be silver all be it a commercial ral colour, got some works to do on the power plant new valley gasket and some prettying up of the motor itself, also losing the long defunct air con so a few pics to give you a flavour of the job so far.
Starting on a new customer project – Taking a Cerbera and like the Chimaera 4.0 – we will have a body of restoration every last nut bolt washer, chassis overhauled strengthened particularly around the diff and rear end. The body is getting arches for wider bigger wheels new interior with full cage chassis modded to take the loadings of the cage, engine will be a gm variant possibly LS3 with twin blowers using a Motec ECU which has very advanced knock sensors to allow the standard compression ratio to be used ,but also looking at building up an LQ9 block forged internals cathedral heads again twin blowers with an emerald ecu, six speed box stronger diff with lower ratio, air dam up front and a devise to impart downforce to the rear the proper name escapes at the moment.
Got a new customers car in on Thursday the car is fairly new to him so I have inspected the car throughout and basically it is in very good condition the chassis in particular is very good the outriggers have been regularly wax oiled which has kept them solid. The rad has a nasty leak so that is coming out and going for a re-core plus the clutch has had its day so i started removing the box friday afternoon, got the anti roll bar of the rear end,exhaust off and prop shaft dropped out so ready for the main event on tuesday.
Got at last to start on my wedge it is now in the workshop which has been rearranged after the chimaera build you learn as you go along nothing much happened yet but have had a good look round the chassis looks good it has had outriggers and they look to have been well fitted first jobs get the building jacks under the car and the wheels off suspension off and the engine out so we can really have a good look.
Just spent a fantastic two days working with my son on the final run in on the car, had trimmers right up to the last on Friday night but all in all went well, we then could get the roll bars fitted then the hood rear section hood sticks and finally the targa, then built up the seats and fitted harnesses fitted and adjusted. Got the whole car glazed and polished, wheels fitted, engine run up again to full temperature so far all good. Took plenty of pictures, unfortunately the weather was constant snow so no driving outside but managed two or three feet in the workshop.work interrupts next week a bit but mot soonest.
Got lots more done today carpet trim really coming on well, centre console in with all knobs switches etc. windscreen washers connected to new pump all working, door seals and roof seal all fitted and all the speakers and grilles are in the rear bulkhead plus got the harness mounts on the roll bars, hopefully complete car tomorrow we shall see.
Busy day again, trimmers been in and out all day we got the nearside door built up and fitted much easier than its partner got lots of small items out the way, winker lens fitted second hooter fitted front grille and number plate. TVR decals to the rocker covers, wipers, right hand fresh air vent and a good start on the centre console ,o and the sun visors and built up the roll bars with there harness mounts ready to fit now.
Seem to have got a fair amount done today finishing line in sight and all that. Fitted the top on the dash and fitted the Levens stalks not sure about them jury is out right now, drained and filled the gearbox and diff after a short run, built up the drivers door dont you just love the door card fixing (now how can we make it stupidly difficult less than secure and so on and so on) but on the up side all went well, window stupidly slow at the moment so sort tomorrow. The door is hung all bolts in all nicely lined up catch all the same works a treat plus cleaned the two front suspension up ready for the wheels.
Good day today with much better weather so doors open on the workshop. I got the sound proofing on the inside of the bonnet, routed and plugged in the triple position switch for the Emerald, sanded masked and painted the bezels on all the gauges now the clock is back, started getting the scuttle ready to fit tomorrow. I also polished the new cap for the brake reservoir and sealed round the brake fluid reservoir and also blanked of the inner wings to outer wings to stop the draughts and started to get the side lights remounted. Fitted the temporary rear number plate I also took delivery of the charger that is going to be installed permanently to keep the battery in peek trim.