Cerbera Rollbar Manufacturing – Part 3

Fair bit more done, started on the front arb (anti-rollbar) and have finished fitting the support brackets, also finished fitting the steering rack had to do a chassis mod to get the pinion of the rack exactly where it is needed to avoid any bump steer etc.all getting very snug up front, i have sourced the material for the arb levers and cut to lenght they are now away being taper turned as my old capstan cant taper turn so should have them back next week.

30486221540_9a7c119533_k 30670307032_18ae323b70_k
30486193710_7135ba3851_k 30426575166_4d8e5cf9fd_k

Rollbar manufacturing

Well back on track finished the mounting brackets for the rollbar also now fabricated the mountings on the chassis for them and started machining the ends of the bar itself which will be sweated into the tube to create solid ends for the link arms to fit into i have built up both rear suspensions to get the length of the drive shafts needed plus have made and fitted the diff carriers to the chassis so the rear end is nearly complete.

28731503484_098315d6b5_k 29321279816_b75618dd08_k
29067355980_4f2dec6a4c_k 29354471985_56213797e5_k
29354456325_135787851d_k 28733581533_1aa46b5e70_k
29067289220_fc0c9cc5ed_k 29275939481_3344e63347_k
26359036204_c7ac52745b_k 26359030794_8366d67469_k

Completing the Wedge – Part 3

Had a couple of issues to sort after fitting the dash indicators wouldn’t work tuned out to be the switch itself but after stripping it down and cleaning and re-greasing it all well now plus dash lights wouldn’t come on but managed to sort that as well after taking the dash out again but first harness fitted with its seat steering wheel on all good the Chimaera seats are a good fit well pleased with the result,

28179822321_7065d0f68d_k 27642318693_95eb64ac0c_k

Completing the Wedge – Part 2

All sorts of smaller stuff done got the new bolts fitted for the door hinges finished the wiring for the power steering except the adjusting pot which goes in the nacel around the stalks roughly fitted the door catches after cleaning them up modified the trim pieces where the roll bar goes down behind the seats and the trimmers have completely trimmed the cabin and the boot so not to far away now.

27418586183_e24dc35a15_k 27929926322_025b827f77_k

Completing the Wedge – Part 1

Got a fair amount done in the last couple of days filled in the drivers side hole in the rear bulkhead made good round the roll bar fixings to the chassis behind the seats, finished the wiring to the new electric power steering refitted the gearstick and its rubber gaiter refitted the heater controls and I have run a bigger negative for the general electrical equipment particularly for the windows, fitted the number plates and the TVR logo to the front and the secondary 350i lettering plus cut back and polished the front half of the car,also fitted the harness mounts to both sides.

27888136251_c5f25a1e98_k 27931134476_acb4e1f54f_k
27863718892_d61d2348ab_k 27931117436_bbcf5730ab_k
27351763493_d587258b7c_k 27351748863_11b7681828_k

Wedge Doors + Interior rebuild

And so it continues started with top coating the sills then top coated the bonnet catch which has now been fitted and adjusted. I have started on the wiring for the power steering the supply is in and neutral return with a nice marine type inline fuse easily accessible just above the battery. I have rebuilt the mirrors all the fixings where appropriate are stainless and have rebuilt the doors all the locks and window winders have been overhauled window stops adjusted etc.switch panel is now built up ready for fitment I may have an issue with the fan switch fan works fine with external power but only on full fan when attached to the switch,also cleaned up and painted the door hinge brackets ready for hanging the doors once the trimmers have finished.tomorrows job cleaning and recolouring the door cards and sundry internal panels.

27189696584_7278931728_k 27189675434_305c8bb561_k
27700665112_44be9066c6_k 27190208253_0d687cb9b0_k
27190201123_80f5fedeab_k 27523109690_bafec238ed_k
27766812226_00dee250e8_k 27766713136_06da4fe661_k

TVR Wedge Body + Interior

Quite a bit more wedge-ineering last couple of days fitted the front bumper panel and got the boot on with its struts had to reconstruct the hinges as the hinge pins had been replaced with 4mm bolts which allowed the wing to rub on the body as they where so badly fitted,all the lights now in except headlights just in case I need access to the connectors had to make new brackets for the driving lights including a complete new system for the passenger side as the bolts imbedded in the glass fibre where sheared I think it is slightly better than the original, I have built up the dash board with its refurbished clocks etc and will be building up the switch panel today, plus I have stone chip protected the sills just need the black on there this morning.

27444367770_dded986983_k 27647922331_7ed69d6cc4_k
27688492766_9dc19a836d_k 27722410345_564d6215c8_k
27688443596_522ea3abf2_k 27688532636_d3dd25de6c_k
27722475035_7d978def21_k 27722499985_f7523e55d8_k
27621961912_4ec704b8f0_k 27444532200_a09343fabb_k