The Wedge is finally completed – had a chance to take photos this weekend.
Had a couple of issues to sort after fitting the dash indicators wouldn’t work tuned out to be the switch itself but after stripping it down and cleaning and re-greasing it all well now plus dash lights wouldn’t come on but managed to sort that as well after taking the dash out again but first harness fitted with its seat steering wheel on all good the Chimaera seats are a good fit well pleased with the result,
All sorts of smaller stuff done got the new bolts fitted for the door hinges finished the wiring for the power steering except the adjusting pot which goes in the nacel around the stalks roughly fitted the door catches after cleaning them up modified the trim pieces where the roll bar goes down behind the seats and the trimmers have completely trimmed the cabin and the boot so not to far away now.
Got a fair amount done in the last couple of days filled in the drivers side hole in the rear bulkhead made good round the roll bar fixings to the chassis behind the seats, finished the wiring to the new electric power steering refitted the gearstick and its rubber gaiter refitted the heater controls and I have run a bigger negative for the general electrical equipment particularly for the windows, fitted the number plates and the TVR logo to the front and the secondary 350i lettering plus cut back and polished the front half of the car,also fitted the harness mounts to both sides.
And so it continues started with top coating the sills then top coated the bonnet catch which has now been fitted and adjusted. I have started on the wiring for the power steering the supply is in and neutral return with a nice marine type inline fuse easily accessible just above the battery. I have rebuilt the mirrors all the fixings where appropriate are stainless and have rebuilt the doors all the locks and window winders have been overhauled window stops adjusted etc.switch panel is now built up ready for fitment I may have an issue with the fan switch fan works fine with external power but only on full fan when attached to the switch,also cleaned up and painted the door hinge brackets ready for hanging the doors once the trimmers have finished.tomorrows job cleaning and recolouring the door cards and sundry internal panels.
Quite a bit more wedge-ineering last couple of days fitted the front bumper panel and got the boot on with its struts had to reconstruct the hinges as the hinge pins had been replaced with 4mm bolts which allowed the wing to rub on the body as they where so badly fitted,all the lights now in except headlights just in case I need access to the connectors had to make new brackets for the driving lights including a complete new system for the passenger side as the bolts imbedded in the glass fibre where sheared I think it is slightly better than the original, I have built up the dash board with its refurbished clocks etc and will be building up the switch panel today, plus I have stone chip protected the sills just need the black on there this morning.
More stuff done, made a new base for the gear and handbrake gaiters, the original was rotten due to not having been painted from new, I have stapled the now white gaiters to the new board but forgot a pic, also finished the repair on the bumper that is now in primer ready for colour tomorrow plus the second headlight mechanism has been overhauled and all fitted back in the car,also started cleaning up and fitting new hinge pins to the boot hinges.
Been busy again today got all the rose joints sorted and there spacers made for the last bit of the rear suspension mods to allow full adjustability plus set a 1.0degree of camber as a start point, all looks good so far proof is in the driving reports to follow in around a month, fitted the new steering wheel I had in stock to the electric powered steering column plus the new proper bearing in the front footwell bulkhead and adjusted the centring so the winkers return after the appropriate movement of the wheel,started filling the holes in the rear bulkhead where the speakers had been why would you want a radio in a car such as this, plus started refitting the bonnet, fitted the two exhaust tail pipes after polishing.
After fitting the rollbar I have decided to get all the internal panels like the dash and centre console coloured the right colours namely black and white, so i already had the furniture clinic materials in stock so and have set to work cleaning and scrubbing off the old dark blue colour its not actually to bad the leather prep is very active and soon softens the old finish and colour then sponge and spray the new colour and finish, I have chosen satin,so far so good the white obviously takes a lot longer to cover but i am very pleased with the result, I have also turned some centres with a groove to allow a little more movement on my adjustment to the rear suspension will be assembling that tomorrow so pics to follow.