This must be the longest rebuild i have done but just so much customer work, but have now set aside time to get on with my wedge and nicks Cerbera want them both finished for next season or i`ll be to old. I have finished all the parts for the front suspension and got them all painted ready to install I am going to get the front end of the chassis painted this week so I can get all the front suspension on to have a rolling chassis then get it over to the paint shop to sort the body out whilst rebuilding the engine.
I had a busy day Monday and Today. I firstly had a day in the machine shop finished the hood sticks (see picture) mod to allow the roll bars to fit nicely. Also made some stainless cup washers for the door catches and some extended nuts to make fitting the hood rear section easy all in stainless.
We also made a couple of new spacers for the rear hood bolts where they fit into the door pillars and today got the boot seal fitted, at last secured the purchase of some blue dash bulbs for the instruments (What a relief I bought forty to make sure i have plenty of spares.) The trimmers have made a really small piped section to fit along the bottom of the instrument panel and the upholstery just finishes it off nicely. Carpets are being bound tomorrow plus got the closures around the roll bar mountings behind the seats made, plus lots of sundries like blanking the old seat belt mount holes and cleaning the cab ready for carpet.
I have also fabricated two jigs for the roll bars so i can replicate them at some juncture (see rollbar section if you want to buy a set)
Got quite lot done today, finished painting the middle section of the underside of the body, got the lower section of the dash in, fuse box fixed, checked the radio head unit will fit, got the heater controls in and fitted the top section with the gauges, although the gauges have yet to be fitted.
I made the top to the fuse box and checked all the circuits after fitting the dash including starting the engine all seems good and took the tape holding the bezel in place off.
Well today got the underside painted and got the doors out of hibernation and started building them up. I got a slight problem I had forgotten about last owner fitted ridiculously large door speakers so now have to glass in a section to allow fitment of the regular size speaker. I also got the offside front wing blocked back cut and polished looks really good not just shiny but deep colour well pleased, then fitted the bezel to that side so one down three to go wings that is.
I also picked up the roll bars from Aerocoat today they look amazing! Got the wiring for the new mirrors sorted and had a trial run with the lower part of the dash. I also picked up the new Chimaera badge for the rear end so coming along slowly.
Got on well again today got the passengers roll bar made and all fitting well, just the harness mountings to do tomorrow and lots of cleaning up ready for powdercoat also had the trimmers ther today getting the trim round the windscreen so I can get the windscreen in. Also had a play with the leven technologies stalks not to bad to fit and I must say do look nice.
Finished the drivers roll bar today it dosent impinge on your head, the roof just opens and the pickup points for the four point harness are perfect, very pleased just got to make it’s mirror image for the passenger next week, got the final coat on the exhaust system to looks rather good just the tail pipes to do in pearlescent black gloss. Also went to emerald and sorted the map or base map to get us going very very helpful people.
Been busy for the last couple of days got lots of little things done, got some extra stainless folded to increase the heat protection from the manifolds, ordered plug lead material, new washer bottle and various other sundries, fully tested the now fully installed power steering seems very good and nice and adjustable from none to very light so happy with that at last. Picked up the cold drawn tube for the roll bar plus some kiln dried sand to fill the tube prior to bending then I have rolled up a former and built a frame to mount it and i have bent one hoop for the roll bar, second one tomorrow. I have got the new dial faces fit them over the weekend and the new dash panel is being made, wiring starts in about a week so not long to run up.