Completing the Wedge – Part 3

Had a couple of issues to sort after fitting the dash indicators wouldn’t work tuned out to be the switch itself but after stripping it down and cleaning and re-greasing it all well now plus dash lights wouldn’t come on but managed to sort that as well after taking the dash out again but first harness fitted with its seat steering wheel on all good the Chimaera seats are a good fit well pleased with the result,

27642330773_afe452e0cb_k
28179822321_7065d0f68d_k 27642318693_95eb64ac0c_k

Completing the Wedge – Part 1

Got a fair amount done in the last couple of days filled in the drivers side hole in the rear bulkhead made good round the roll bar fixings to the chassis behind the seats, finished the wiring to the new electric power steering refitted the gearstick and its rubber gaiter refitted the heater controls and I have run a bigger negative for the general electrical equipment particularly for the windows, fitted the number plates and the TVR logo to the front and the secondary 350i lettering plus cut back and polished the front half of the car,also fitted the harness mounts to both sides.

27888136251_c5f25a1e98_k 27931134476_acb4e1f54f_k
27863718892_d61d2348ab_k 27931117436_bbcf5730ab_k
27351763493_d587258b7c_k 27351748863_11b7681828_k

TVR Wedge Body + Interior

Quite a bit more wedge-ineering last couple of days fitted the front bumper panel and got the boot on with its struts had to reconstruct the hinges as the hinge pins had been replaced with 4mm bolts which allowed the wing to rub on the body as they where so badly fitted,all the lights now in except headlights just in case I need access to the connectors had to make new brackets for the driving lights including a complete new system for the passenger side as the bolts imbedded in the glass fibre where sheared I think it is slightly better than the original, I have built up the dash board with its refurbished clocks etc and will be building up the switch panel today, plus I have stone chip protected the sills just need the black on there this morning.

27444367770_dded986983_k 27647922331_7ed69d6cc4_k
27688492766_9dc19a836d_k 27722410345_564d6215c8_k
27688443596_522ea3abf2_k 27688532636_d3dd25de6c_k
27722475035_7d978def21_k 27722499985_f7523e55d8_k
27621961912_4ec704b8f0_k 27444532200_a09343fabb_k

Mirrors and Bezels

At last the painting is finished i got the mirrors and bezels topcoated, and primed and top coated the black items left to do. I have installed a new heater in the workshop, it is an old D8L Eberspacher warm air heater, does a great job – especially when glueing the upholstery. I have also been round to the trimmers to give them a bit of help, I stripped the two halves of the seats apart to make refitting the new upholstery easier.

paint3_zps453a57d7 paint2_zpscbb35ba4
paint1_zps48584a9d paint_zps74e616d4

Starting the Upholstery

Started work on the car again got the new plug leads made up and fitted plus filed and bled the blower lubrication circuit plus made up the blower to intercooler and intercooler to plenum pipe work just got to tig it all together and polish it ready for fitting. A few pictures today of the beginning of the upholstery.

Also fitted the fuel tank, all cleaned in and out connected with 7840 hose plus moved the fuse box to behind the passenger seat no loom extension needed so better than i thought started stripping out the engine loom ready for the emerald install tiging up the intercooler hoses tomorrow plus fabricate a catchment pot for the breather so lots of polishing to do pictures thursday camera went flat today

leather4 leather2

leather3 engine2

engine1 radiator1

seatbracket1 steering1-1